The DoD SPWA is an association that promotes the personal and professional development of female civilian, military and contract personnel in the Department of Defense (DoD).
Membership is open to current and former DoD civilians at the grade of GS-12 or higher; military members E-7, WO-2 and O-3 or higher; and contractors serving DoD in senior roles.
Top 10 Reasons to Join SPWA:
- Support your continued professional development!
- Build your professional support network through attending meetings, socials and forums
- Foster new ideas through participating in collaborative information exchanges across disciplines
- Expand your professional contacts within DoD, across the Federal Government and externally with the private sector
- Grow as a leader through serving in elected positions that contribute to your personal and professional developmental goals
- Grow as a mentor by learning about mentorship from other members and speakers and by serving as a mentor/role model to others
- Demonstrate your commitment and passion to the ongoing professional development of yourself and other women
- Distinguish yourself from others by paying it forward by contributing to the professional development of your peers and the next generation of female leaders.
- Receive advance notification of meetings and special programs, voting privileges during general membership meetings, and other member benefits.
- Recognize excellence in public service through SPWA’s annual awards recognition